01. SAT. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free ON (overnight) hotel
02. Drive to visit the Jemma river gorge, with the chance to spot endemic Gelada baboons.
Visit the Debre Libanos monastery and the old Portuguese bridge. Cross the Blue Nile river gorge and proceed to DebreMarkos. Dinner and ON hotel
03. Drive to Bahirdar. Afternoon drive to visit the Blue Nile falls (it takes about 1 hour drive and then 20 minute walk, each way). Admire these spectacular falls and amazing views.
04. Make a boat excursion on lake Tana to visit the monasteries over its islands, as Ura Kidane Mehret and Asua Mariam. Explanation about Ethiopian wild coffee. The community to show them there coffee plantation after that they will have coffee with them some local bread at Zege Peninsula ater they visited the church; provide them some kind of drink (Tella & Tej) and kind of snack during the time and they will brief them how is the preparation of Tej and Tella. Afternoon back to Bahirdar. Dinner & ON hotel in Bahirdar
05. Morning drive to Gondar. It takes about 2 hrs driving, visit on the way very nice landscapes. Afternoon visit the castles compound including king Fasiladas and other castles, King Fasiladas bath and the Debre Birhan Sellasie church (light of Trinity) with wonderful murals. Dinner & ON hotel in Gondar
06. Drive to the Semien mountains, for a very interesting full day excursion: admire spectacular views and with the chance to spot endemic animals as the Lammergeyer, the Gelada baboons, the Walya Ibex and more. Dinner and ON hotel in Debark town (or with supplement cost in a lodge in the park)
07. Drive to Axum, admiring very nice views over the Semien mountains and visiting Tigray people villages and culture. Dinner & ON hotel in Axum
08. Visit of Axum: visit the steles, St Mary of Tsion church (where legend says the Ark of Covenant is deposited), the bath & palace of Queen of Sheba and more. Dinner & ON hotel in Axum
09. Drive to Yeha pre-Christian temple. Then proceed to visit Wikro Cherkos church. Dinner & ON at Wikro in hotel
10. Full day visit of the very interesting Tigray region churches, with also spectacular views. Visit Micael Imba, Debre Selam Atsbi and Micael Barka churches or similar churches. Dinner & ON hotel in Mekele
11. Drive to Lalibela, admiring very nice views. Dinner & ON hotel
12. Full day visit of the rock-hewn churches in Lalibela, defined as the 8th wonder in the world. Churches built in the 12th century; the African Jerusalem. And late afternoon take part of the coffee ceremony in a traditional house or the hotel. Dinner & ON at your hotel
13. Drive through very nice views to lake Hayk, where you can admire the Debre Estifanos church on its island. continue then to Dessie. Lunch on the way. Dinner & ON hotel
14. Make a day excursion to the fascinating Gishen Mariam church. The views are unique, with the church situated in a valley with the shape of a cross. Legend say a piece of the True Cross is deposited here. The True Cross is the name for physical remnants which, by a Christian tradition, are believed to be from the cross upon which Jesus was crucified. According to post-Nicene historians such as Socrates Scholasticus, the Empress Helena, mother of Constantine, the first Christian Emperor of Rome, travelled to the Holy Land in 326–28, founding churches and establishing relief agencies for the poor. Historians Gelasius of Caesarea and Rufinus claimed that she discovered the hiding place of three crosses that were believed to be used at the crucifixion of Jesus and of two thieves, St. Dismas and Gestas executed with him, and that a miracle revealed which of the three was the True Cross.
ps: You need 6-7 hrs walking. During raining season this visit won’t be possible if you travel by bus; so we’ll substitute this day visit with other. Lunch on the way. Dinner & ON hotel in Dessie
15. SAT. Drive back to Addis Ababa, crossing other spectacular views and the Amhara and Oromo people villages. Reach Addis then in the afternoon. Free at leisure or some visits which were not done on the first day. Visit a coffee roaster and shop. Have a look at the rostery, test coffee here, every guest receive a pack to buy as gift Have day use room available. Evening Green Land Tours will invite you a fare well dinner in one of the Ethiopian restaurant for cultural dances from the different ethnic groups. Then transfer to the airport for flight back home.
***END OF OUR SERVICES, ENJOY YOUR TRIP***