01. SAT. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free. ON (overnight) hotel
02. SUN. Drive to Ankober admiring very nice views and proceed to reach on time to visit to Sunday’s Senbete village market of Oromo people. Continue then to Dessie Dinner & ON hotel
03. MON. Drive to visit the very colorful Afar and Oromo people market at Bati village.
The Afar people come with their camels caravans selling salt and other products; while the Oromo will sell agriculture and other products. Is the most colorful market of northern Ethiopia. Dinner & ON hotel in Woldya
04. Drive to lake Hayk and visit the Debre Estifanos monastery over its island. Proceed then through lake Ashengi and very nice views, to Mekele.
05. Morning visit Wikro Cherkos church and then enter into the Danakil. Lunch on the way; dinner & ON Assobole or Ahmed Ale, on beds in open air.
06. Drive to Dallol where you see the difficult work on the extraction of salt and loading on camels. Then proceed to visit the fantastic views of mountains, sulfates and lakes-geysers and more; which are really unique. Lunch box; dinner & overnight back camping at Assobole or Ahmed Ale.
07. Drive to visit an Afar people local village. Then proceed to the ErtaAle volcano & start climbing it at late afternoon (it takes about 4 hrs to climb it). Pass the full night on the volcano, see the lava and breathtaking views. Lunch box on the way; dinner & ON in open huts & sleeping just on mattresses at open air.
08. Early morning walk back to the vehicles and have your breakfast. Then drive to lake Afrera. Visit Afar people extracting salt from lake Afrera. Proceed then to Semera, the capital of the Afar people region. Lunch box; dinner & ON hotel in Semera.
09. Drive to the Awash National park, to reach it in the afternoon. Late afternoon have a game drive, visit the Awash falls, spot crocodiles and hippos in the Awash river, spot different kind of birds and enjoy the unique flora and fauna. Dinner & ON lodge
10. MON.Drive back to Addis Ababa. Have a room available till 18 hrs for relax. Evening Green Land Tours will invite you a fare well dinner in one of the Ethiopian restaurant for cultural dances from the different ethnic groups. Then transfer to the airport for flight back home.
Please note: The above program can be adjusted according to your time, Budget and interest.
***END OF OUR SERVICES, ENJOY YOUR TRIP***